Social Media Statistics: By-the-Numbers, December 2010 (Part II)
Below are interesting statistics on social media usage. Feel free to share your favorite social media statistics in the comments section.
- 80% of blog readers consume content in the morning, compared to just under 40% who do so at night (Source: HubSpot)
- 79% of all U.S. moms with children under age 18 are active on social media (Source: Social Times)
- 44.81% of people say they unfollow others who over-communicate or over share on social media (Source: SmartBlog)
- 38% of Internet users use Google to login to Websites and social networks, making it the most popular social media login tool on the Web (Source: Janrain)
- 4pm ET is the best time of day to publish blog posts if you’re looking to maximize Re-Tweets (Source: ProBlogger)
- 4 times as many people 74 years old and older use social media in 2010 compared to 2008 (Source: Pew Internet)