Social Media Statistics: By-the-Numbers, July 2011 Part II
Below are interesting statistics on social media usage. Feel free to share your favorite social media statistics in the comments section.
- 178,000,000 million US Internet users watched online video content in June for an average of 16.8 hours per viewer (Source: comScore)
- 58% of Twitter users who have tweeted about a bad experience have never received a response from the offending company (Source: Useful Social Media)
- 46% of corporate communicators say they use Radian6 as their primary social media listening tool (Source: Access)
- 50,000,000 websites are powered by WordPress (Source: WordPress)
- 10,000,000 users for fledgling social network Google+ (Source: Google)
- 1,000,000 registered Twitter apps, up from 150,000 last year (Source: Twitter)
- 36,000 businesses have signed up to use Google+ in just two weeks (Source: The Next Web)
- 550,000 Android devices are activated per day (Source: Google)
Use Google Analytics? The Social Media Examiner outlines how to track Tweets, Facebook Likes and more.