Social Media Statistics: By-the-Numbers, August 2011 Part II
Below are interesting statistics on social media usage. Feel free to share your favorite social media statistics in the comments section or Tweet @bankingdotcom.
- 1 trillion page views for Facebook in June 2011, making it the most visited site on the web (Source: Google Ad Planner)
- 65% of adults use social networking sites, up from 61% in 2010 (Source: Pew Research)
- 71% of companies surveyed said they block employees from visiting social networking sites at work (Source: Proskauer)
- 54% of people surveyed indicated they feel some level of addiction to their social network of choice (Source: Webroot)
- 44% of companies surveyed said they had policies in place to track employees’ social media use in and out of the office (Source: Proskauer)
- 14.7% of the top one million websites in the world run WordPress, up from 8.5% in 2010 (Source: WordPress)
- $3.08 billion will be spent by US marketers to advertise on social networks in 2011, a 55% increase over 2010 (Source: eMarketer)
- 16,000,000 mobile users in the US watched TV or video on their mobile phones in June 2011 (Source: comScore)
- 69% of women use social networking sites while 60% of men do the same (Source: Pew Research)
Last week’s earthquake on the East Coast created a Twitter frenzy. Here is an animated map of the Tweets from Tuesday, August 23.