Social Media Statistics: By-the-Numbers, October 2011
Below are interesting statistics on social media usage. Feel free to share your favorite social media statistics in the comments section or Tweet @bankingdotcom.
- $400,000,000 in ad revenue is projected for Twitter by 2013, up from $139.5 million in 2011 (Source: eMarketer)
- 7,432,307 job changes have been tracked by LinkedIn since 2009 (Source: LinkedIn)
- 68% of social media users go to social networking sites to read product reviews (Source: Nielsen)
- 59% of B2B purchase decision makers use a smartphone to research potential purchases (Source: eMarketer)
- 58% of social media users go to social networking sites to learn about or research products (Source: Nielsen)
- 1,600 advertisers are now using the Twitter platform for advertising (Source: Twitter)
- 53% of active adult social networkers follow a brand, while 32% follow a celebrity (Source: Nielsen)
- 40% of social media users access social media content from their mobile phones (Source: Nielsen)
- $1.23 billion will be spent by US advertisers on mobile advertising this year, up from $743 million in 2010 (Source: eMarketer)
Interested in hosting a giveaway on your Facebook page? Check out these tips from Social Fresh.