Social Media Statistics: By-the-Numbers, November 2012
Below are some interesting statistics on social media usage. Feel free to share your favorite social media statistics in the comments section or Tweet @bankingdotcom.
- 31,000,000: The total number of Tweets sent on Election Day 2012. (Source: Twitter)
- 40: The percentage of time spent on Facebook’s newsfeed; only 12 percent of time is spent on profile and brand pages. (Source: comScore)
- 4,000,000,000: The number of stories that have been read on the Pulse mobile platform since it launched in May 2010. (Source: Pulse)
- 3,000,000: The number of tweets published along with #sandy and/or #hurricanesandy during the first 24 hours of the storm making landfall on the East Coast. (Source: Topsy)
- 604,000,000: The number of monthly mobile users for Facebook in September 2012. (Source: Facebook)
- 175,000: The number of new LinkedIn profiles created each day as of September 2012. (Source: LinkedIn)
- 584,000,000: The number of active daily users on average for Facebook in September 2012. (Source: Facebook)
LinkedIn introduced Thought Leader pages in October. Curious who the most followed thought leaders are? Read LinkedIn’s blog here.