Below are some interesting statistics on social media usage. Feel free to share your favorite social media statistics in the comments section or Tweet @bankingdotcom.
- 100,000,000: The number of active monthly users for photo-sharing service Instagram as of February 2013. (Source: Instagram)
- 8,900,000: The number of Tweets sent on Sunday, February 24th about the 85th Academy Awards. (Source: Twitter)
- 64: The percentage of US advertisers that plan to increase their social media ad spend in 2013. (Source: Digiday)
- 200,000,000: Dollars in new funding for social scrapbooking site Pinterest. (Source: AllThingsD)
- 180,000,000: The number of U.S. Internet users that watched online content videos in January 2013. (Source: comScore)
- 36.2: Billion online content videos watched by U.S. Internet users in January 2013. (Source: comScore)
- 191,400,000: The number of unique US visitors for Google in December 2012, making it the most visited site in the US during the month. (Source: comScore)
- 200,000: Dollars per day to purchase a Promoted Trend on Twitter according to recent reports. (Source: AllThingsD)
Worried about having your Twitter account hacked? Here are five reminders for brands from Social Media Today.
Image courtesy of bplanet / FreeDigitalPhotos.net